I remember I got nominated for this award years ago. It is kinda sad that I am still under 200 followers, but I haven’t been that dediated to making my blog grow too much. And it still is an honour to be nominated again by the lovely Made To Nurture. Thank you so much!
By accepting this award, I have agreed to nominate 11 other blogs, and hopefully help them get some more views, comments and followers. For those nominated, here are the rules:
1) Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
2) Acknowledge and link back to the person who nominated me.
3) Answer 11 questions the person who nominated me has asked me.
4) Tell you 11 random facts about myself.
5) Give my nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post about the Liebster Award.
11 random facts about me:
- I aspire to be a published author. A story teller. A therapist or/and a gynecologist/OB/midwife. And a hairdresser/make up artist.
- I want to beat my mum who had 8 kids. I have always wanted a huge family. But of course, only if we get our own place. I think my mother in law would kick me out if I told her I want 9 kids whilst still living with her.
- I am terrified of balloons and insects.
- I bite my nails but own tons of nail polish.
- I am obsessed with doritos, prawns, spicey friend chicken and resta, an Algerian version of noodles.
- I am not a cat person. I appreciate cat pictures, but actual cats are just gross next to me. I can’t stand them.
- I am so hot tempered. I get annoyed so easily.
- I used to be a huge people’s pleaser but I am slowly starting to toughen up and stand up for myself more.
- I hate to shower. I am so lazy, it takes age for me to get in the shower but once I am in I don’t want to get out.
- I get anxiety speaking on the phone. I can’t even phone to ask for a doctor’s appointment or check up on my nan.
- I LOVE BBQ!
The 11 questions Made of Nurture asked me:
1) What is your passion in life? Reading, writing, loving, helping others.
2) How did you choose your blog name? My blog url? Ugh, don’t even go there, I made this blog during an embarrassing phase of a One Direction obsession. It is basically “Hi, we are one direction.” but typed the way you hear the band members saying it in their British accents. “He, we are wan derection” little did I know that the “wand erection” would attract perverts and now I am stuck with that god awful url. Ugh. My blog name “Diary of a British Algerian” is pretty obvious as a half british, half Algerian teenager blogging about her journey through life.
3) Why did you start your blog? I was 13. I had watched my mum on Facebook and thought it was the coolest thing ever, but mum who was also a blogger was always talking about her blog, and I thought Facebook was called a blog. When I asked her to make me a blog, she agreed and I realised after we had set it all up that it wasn’t what I wanted. But I got excited regardless as I have always loved writing and got on with it. My first blog can be read here. But after I lost the password and username, I made this current blog.
4) How do you organize your blogging schedule? Apart from my weekly pregnancy posts talking about my journey through pregnancy. I just blog whenever I find the inspiration. Sometimes more often than others. I go through phases really.
5) If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? Someone alive? Ellen Degeneres. Dead? Prophet Mohammad pbuh.
6) What do you hope to accomplish in 2015? To give birth without tearing my vagina or getting any stitches. Seriously. I also hope on doing well in my exams, having a healthy, super cute baby, an even better marriage and a more popular blog.
7) Name three characteristics that best describe yourself. Hot tempered, sleep loving, stubborn.
8) What is your dream job? I have quite a few… Not really sure.
9) Who do you admire the most? Absolutely no idea.
10) Favourite song of all time? Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson and A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope, probably. But such a hard question.
11) Favourite quote? “The craftiest thing I have ever done is grow a human being inside of me” quote by me as I can’t be bothered to think of a legit quote.
The 11 nominees are:
Crunchy Not Crazy: A lovely, honest blog about parenting, family and personal life.
Gotta Love These Kids: another fabulous mummy blog. Such an interesting read, and so relatable!
Living With a Basket Case: a sad, sometimes humorous and very honest blog, written about the author’s mentally unstable sister.
Lipani Skin Care: detoxes, tips, good products…. Anything and everything you are looking for if you want flawless, soft skin.
Captive of Thoughts: absolutely beautiful writing. I am awed by this person’s talent. I think most/all is fiction. But absolutely worth the read.
Life as a Teenage Mom: a super cute and heartfelt blog about a lovely teenage mommy to be and her journey through pregnancy and eventually parenthood.
Young Moms 101: documenting her adventures about her as a young mom and hoping to help other women in her situation.
Princess Ines: a yummy mummy blog about her journey as a mummy. so lovely and inspiring.
SLH Crafts: a very young and very talented crafter!
Read Fantasy: a great blog for poetry and story lovers.
Thoughts of a Complicated Girl: another blog written by a young lady about her life. No specific theme, but a good read!
Now for the 11 questions you all should answer:
1. What is your worst fear?
2. If you could get the whole world to read a book of your choice, what would it be?
3. How many children do you want?
4. What is your favourite animal? Would you adopt it?
5. What is one think you are dying to do but haven’t gotten the chance to do it yet?
6. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
7. Do you get enough sleep at night?
8. Would you consider yourself a good cook?
9. Do you prefer music or movies?
10. What phone do you currently own?
11. What is your favourite passtime?
Congratulations, guys! When you type up your own posts, make sure to leave your links in my comments so I can check them out.